Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Introduction

Let me introduce myself. My name is Jason Eikmeier. I grew up in Austin Minnesota, commonly referred to as 'Spamtown, USA', as it is the home of Hormel Foods. Growing up in Minnesota you become a die hard Minnesota Vikings fan, or suffer pain and ridicule. There is no legitimate option. You can't possibly be a Packer fan, it is forbidden in my family. So that said, everyone should be well familiar with the failings and the history of the Vikings.

I love football. I love the NFL, and I even appreciate college football to a point, but growing up with the Gophers as my model division 1 school, I don't have a whole lot of love for them either. So until 2001 or so, my interest was waning. It was then a friend of mine introduced me to online fantasy football. It immediate rekindled my interest in the NFL, and the Vikings again.

My first team consisted of players such as Bledsoe and Vick. Faulk and Michael Bennett. Ancient WRs like Jerry Rice, and Rod Smith. I ended up winning the first league I ever played in. After that I was hooked. I played three to four leagues a year, became commissioner of my own keeper league that is now in its third year, and one of the funnest leagues that my guys are playing in. I have maybe had one losing season in roughly 15 leagues, over the last 4-5 seasons. I love all things fantasy football, and with all the time I have invested over the year I have decided that I don't like my current career, so I'm going to start writing on this stuff, and eventually add some legitimacy to my opinions. I already have helped friends in other leagues dominate their league, and helped a friend that knew nothing about fantasy football, learn about the game, and lead his leagues in 2 years.

Over the next few weeks I'll add opinions on individual players, and game breakdowns and such. If I get any questions I'd be glad to answer them as well. I hope to update this a few times a week until I get my full website set up in the off season, and then if response is good here, keep updating once or twice a week as interest warrants.

I hope this works :)

Jason Eikmeier, 27
Saint Joseph, MI

1 comment:

Shasta said...

Great article ... I'm feeling a little more confident in my picks now ... thanks Eikey!